Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

We met in May...

I started school at BYU-I in January 2011. My Canadian roommate, Danielle, dated a local boy named Paul. It was a sad time when Danielle had to go back home to Canada at the end of the semester. So even after she had left, Paul would sometimes stop by the apartment to say hi to the rest of us. 
In May, 1 1/2 months into Spring semester, it was my best friend (and roommate) Kate's 20th birthday. Paul came by and brought a friend. Tyrel. Paul likes to tease a lot and i guess Ty did too, but they both teased and harassed the birthday girl until she wanted to kick them out. =] They talked about going fishing and boating and all the fun they have. I chimed in and said to invite me next time they go.
A week later, the day after memorial weekend, Tyrel showed up at the apartment door looking for a date. His girl of preference wasn't home, so he quickly reverted to asking me instead. He hadn't come planning on taking me, so when he asked me to go he didn't know my name! I went as soon as he figured it out though. 
Ty and I, Paul and a date went fishing at the Henry's Fork river. We stood on the edge of the bank with all the little birds flying in and out of their nests, while the sun set across the water. Ty caught a big trout with a hole in it and sent it home with me to eat. Even though to this day he still doesn't believe that i actually ate it. 
It was a really fun evening. We didn't exchange numbers, and weren't friends on facebook so we had no contact with each other after that. 5 days later, he showed up at my door eaaaarrrlly in the morning to ask me on another date. This time it was mud volleyball. Again, it was a really fun evening. We ended it by country dancing by starlight in the gardens and sitting atop a waterfall talking. He put his arm around me. =]
We went on dates pretty much every night after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment