Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Finally Together

We've really enjoyed being able to be together. We were apart for way too long. I think it totaled to just under 3 months. I've been counting down the days until December 3rd (which is the wedding date) starting at 103 days. Today there are 19 days left. Woo-Hoo! Ty finished working Spud Harvest and has been doing some landscaping work (yes in the wretched snow) and spending time with me with a side of hunting trips. Some of which went... very.... wrong....

 He kept laughing thinking it was funny. Well if my shoes weren't so thin and soaking wet and muddy and if the sun had warmed the little hole we were in a little more... i think it would have been a much more fun experience. but it was cold and i didn't come prepared with the clothing i needed to stay warm. (Which wasn't my fault, i didn't know we would be going hunting) We got stuck right here for almost 2 hours.... probably some of the most frustrating 2 hours of my entire life. And due to lack of communication, about 2 minutes after we got unstuck from here... we got stuck AGAIN... taking us about another hour to get unstuck, for a total of 3 hours of being stuck.
But, it was pretty where we were. I'll give the place credit for that at least.



I was pretty excited though because i finally had recovered from my foot surgery enough to run that morning. buuuuuttt........i dislocated my right knee later that day climbing in a window. 

All the injuries and surgeries and relocating and losing my job have all been little reminders of who's really in charge. I've really had to take a few major steps back and remember to be grateful for not only all my family and friends and all of their help, but also to be grateful for myself and for all the capabilities I've been blessed with. You never know how awesome it is to run when you haven't been able to for 3 months... or what a blessing it is to simply walk around without a boot or a knee-brace and be self-efficient. Asking for help has never been easy for me. I've had several opportunities to be humble and ask for lots of help lately. 


Taking engagement pictures was WAY more fun that i thought it would be. Im SO grateful we found such a great photographer. We got a really great deal with her and she did a wonderful job. 
The Announcements took me WAY too long to create, but i feel it was well worth it. When we got them printed out, the lady at ArtCo asked me if they could keep one of our announcements for display because it was one of the best they had ever seen.
=] that made me smile... and of course i let her. 


400 copies, 400 envelopes, 400 stamps, 800 address labels & 2.5 weeks later.... They were all mailed out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment