Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

The rest of the summer

We dated the rest of the summer doing things like fixing his truck, floating the river, fixing his truck, going country dancing and fixing his truck. I got super tan though.  Ty's parents (Kent & Kay) let us borrow their car and drive home for family camping at the cabin. SOO much fun! Even the part where Tyrel and i went for a 4-wheeler ride and he dumped us off the side when he tipped it over in the middle of a river! ... and then i pushed it out while ty sat in the seat pushing the throttle. hahaha, it was quite the day. We then got it high-centered on 2 different logs and then ran out of gas right after we got miserably lost on top the mountain. I wish i had pictures from that trip.
We celebrated my birthday for pretty much 2 weeks. Ty and i floated the river, and tried going to Big Judds, but instead we broke the sunroof on his parents car. oops!
We also went to ice cream, played pool at the Craze, and threw a mattress in the bed of his pickup and had a bonfire out in the middle of nowhere.
His family had a big personalized sunday dinner for me and then took us all out to Big Judds later that week.
What an amazing summer!!!

Then the day came when it was time for me to go back to Caldwell for my foot surgery. (I know it sounds gross, but it's really not) I had a bunion on my left foot. Its where the joint in my big toe starts to grow outward, causing the joint to jack-knife and pinch nerves. I planned on staying with my grandma in Oregon during my recovery while Ty drove to VIRGINIA to work selling insulation until December.
This was before we had decided to be married. His mom left this on his dresser the night he left.

It's so beautiful there!

 I missed him like crazy too. We would talk on skype every night, but that was hardly enough.

 I never ended up going to Oregon. All my siblings and I moved to live in Weiser with our cousins the Packers. This has been quite the adventure for all of us. 

While Ty was in Virginia he got to go to the DC Temple with his friend Quinn. How lucky...

He got to see so many places while driving there too. I'm SO jealous!

Lake Michigan 

He sent me pictures of something almost every day. 
This was the pond right in front of his apartment. He loved to go fishing in it. 


One day i was talking with him on the phone when all of the sudden the line dropped. I called him back, and texted him, but there was never a response. I decided to take a shower to wait it out. I got out of the shower when i received  a text from Ty saying that there had just been an earthquake right under him! 
I didn't believe him so i looked it up. And sure enough, there had been. =[ i was so worried. He was so far away and sometimes doesn't have the best sense of judgement when it comes to safety. 
But that wasn't the end of it. There was a hurricane coming as well. 

Hurricane Irene. 

The place where Ty was didn't see the worst of it. But the power was out for quite a while and i had zero communication with him. Talk about frustrating and scary!
Since the power was out, and the hurricane was people's main concern, Ty & Quinn decided to come home to work Spud harvest. Also because Ty and I couldn't be separated any longer. 
He got to see the Nauvoo Temple too!

Ty was home with his family for a day and then boarded a bus to Boise to come stay with me and the Packers for a couple weeks. 
I went to the airport to pick him up, and it was an experience unlike any other. I had been dreaming of simply hearing his voice in person or holding him in my arms for 6 weeks. But when i actually stepped out of the car and hugged him again, i almost felt like it wasn't real. literally, too good to be true. 
We enjoyed every second we had together the entire time. Ty and i had decided to be married by this point and he had a certain conversation to have with my dad before he went back to Rexburg. We scheduled a time and i watched Ty and my dad drive away to have their little chat. That night when Ty was telling me what my dad said, i absolutely couldn't believe my dad actually said no! But, fortunately, since that time, my dad's heart has softened and now supports us 100% in sealed in the temple. 

Ty fixed up my sister Lauretta's old wrecked car and drove it back to rexburg getting 35 mpg going 80 mph. Woah! It's an awesome little car. Though... nobody can quite tell what color it is. haha, purplish brownish is the most accurate we can come up with. We are currently trying to finalize title transfers and insurance etc so the car can be registered and insured under my name. I'm super grateful for Lauretta selling it to me, and for Tyrel's awesome talent in knowing how to fix it. 

Ty started working Spud harvest driving a Cross over



What a MAN!


he's a real Idahoan now i guess....


14-16 hour days of this.. every day... 

but.......
we couldnt take it anymore. NO MORE SEPARATION!!! but we didnt have much of a choice. Ty was working Spud harvest. He couldn't risk taking a day off because he could lose his crossover position. but, "love don't run". After a really long night of working things out, Ty spontaneously drove with his dad to Weiser to straighten things out with my aunt/uncle as well as me and my dad. He wasn't going to risk losing me. But he was risking his job in doing so.
I wanted to be at the house when they were all talking, but i had to stay at work. Ty dropped by to see me before the talk, which was absolutely wonderful! 
He came by again on his way home that same day. We stood in the parking lot and hugged for a while just cherishing every second together. He told me he had a surprise for me, but i already knew what it was. He bought me a hat a week back and had it hiding behind his back. Well, in my impatience i couldn't wait any longer. So i asked if i could have my surprise now. Ty said sure.
He pulled the hat around from behind his back and held it in front of me. I was excited for the gift and reached out to take it when he pulled out a box from beneath the hat and knelt down in front of me.
opening the box he said, 

"Lindsey kate, I love you. Will you marry me?"

YES!!!







My cousin Logan was there too, along with his dad. Logan took some pictures for us, and then Ty had to leave again. 
BEST SURPRISE EVER!

Ty & i were separated for another few weeks when i drove to go see him for a week. It was perfect. I had such an amazing time. Then i drove back to caldwell for another week and then permanently moved back to rexburg and into Ty's parents house. No, tyrel does not live here with me. He lives in an apartment in town. But it's such a blessing to be able to stay here. His parents are very loving and kind to me and im so grateful for them and all their help & support.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I love you! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 1/2 weeks! :) I'm glad living with my parents isn't too bad- or maybe you are being nice cause they might read it ;)

    ReplyDelete